|at International Tutor Group (view profile)|
Science, Math and English Teachers
Teach Primary School
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand|
|Teaching Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree|
|Where is the school located:||TP HCM|
Are you interested in relocating to one of South East Asia’s most vibrant and dynamic cities? Want to teach your passion rather than ESL? We need Maths, Science, English Literature and Primary level teachers! Instead of ESL teaching, tutors can share their passion for their degree subjects or build experience in the education field teaching across the world’s best known international curricula. Tutors will also have the opportunity to build close relationships with their students, growing their confidence, overseeing their achievements and ultimately transforming their educational futures.
The International Tutor Group (ITG) is a Tutoring Agency rather than a school, providing academic and mentoring support to students from Vietnam’s best international schools. All you need is a flair for your subject, a strong degree, and preferably some experience working with young people.
ITG is offering both full and part-time positions in Vietnam’s emerging hub of Ho Chi Minh City. We’re on the hunt for experienced tutors who can support leading international school students at Primary Level or up to IGCSE and International Baccalaureate (IB) / A-Level. You’ll have flexible working hours and still be able to dedicate time to your personal projects or simply enjoy Vietnamese local life.
ITG is a British run company specializing in academic support for all international curricula. We’re a small, family-style setup with about 20 teachers working mostly 1-1 and in small groups in our relaxed Study Centre. Tutors will have the opportunity to make lasting and effective relationships with their students in a supportive professional environment. ITG offers extensive training and curriculum guidance from international school teachers with years of experience. When you arrive in HCMC we’ll help organise every aspect of your stay from accommodation to your work permit and residency card. Positions are available from 6 to 18 months, starting from August 2019.
It is only our opinion, but we think there has never been a better time to be in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Drenched in history, Saigon is a city in the midst of a mind-boggling transformation. New skyscrapers, hip international bars and buzzing arts venues appear on an almost weekly basis. This is set amongst the last vestiges of a sleepy French Colonial past and the utterly distinctive quality of traditional street life, with its bustling coffee shops and mouthwatering food vendors. Our gorgeous Study Centre is located in a leafy suburb just a short hop from the city centre, so you’ll be sure to make the most of it all whilst having ample space to relax.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant subject area.
- 2 years professional experience - not necessarily teaching experience.
- A teaching qualification - PGCE / Masters in Education / TEFL (online TEFL course can be provided for the right candidates)
- Subject knowledge excellence
- Ability to make excellent, empathetic relationships with young people in a personal, 1-1 environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work closely and collaboratively in a small team
- Teaching experience at primary or secondary level.
- Experience in schools or working with young people
- Flexibility, initiative, excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently
- Competitive salary
- 2 weeks paid holiday
- Working hours Monday to Friday 2.15-8.40pm or Tuesday to Saturday morning 9-2.15pm
- Small, family-style company owned and run by experienced British teachers
- Full and part-time positions available
- Contracts between 6 months and 18 months, renewable Visa and work permit organized and paid for by ITG
- Initial accommodation and airport pickup organised upon arrival
- Social events regularly organised and a new staff welcoming program provided
- Friendly Admin Team available to provide support and guidance in all areas before and after your move to Vietnam
Please send a cover letter along with a CV, your degree subject and final result, and your high school leaving subjects and result (these can be verified later).