|at PHOENIX EDUCATION (view profile)|
|Location||Thừa Thiên Huế|
Teach Primary School
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand, South African|
|Where is the school located:||Thừa Thiên Huế|
Applications are invited for the following position to commence on August 14, 2018.
We are looking for an adaptable, experienced, resourceful and committed teacher who has high expectations of children's learning, and an enthusiasm and passion for working with young children. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice, the ability to motivate pupils and a willingness to work in partnership with the staff team.
Phoenix School was established in 2011 and belongs to the Phoenix Education, and is based in the historic City of Hue situated in Central Vietnam. The school has students from Pre-School through to Grade 9 and conducts an International program, where all subjects are conducted in English,and a Vietnamese/English bilingual program. We are a small but growing school, and currently have 150 students enrolled.
Phoenix School endeavours to provide a combination of the best practices of the Vietnamese education system with an additional international curriculum that is designed to offer an excellence in education that will not be found anywhere else in Hue City. It is not only the academic schooling that is of a high standard. Phoenix Education strongly believes that the entire child needs to be nurtured and challenged with sporting activities, hobbies such as chess and painting, dance and music and drama to mention but a few of the activities on offer.Phoenix Education also conducts ESL classes outside of school hours.
- Hold a good university degree
- Hold a recognized teaching qualification in USA, UK or Australia
- Have a minimum of two years recent teaching experience.
- Be competent and confident with the use of ICT in the classroom
- Be able to meet Vietnamese regulations to obtain a work permit
Professional Qualities Sought
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach
- Accepts responsibility
- School comes first
- Appearance – look good and be good (Dress Code)
- Deep pride in the quality of their work
- Committed to the students
- Positive role models
Personal Qualities Sought
- Fluent, native English speaker
- A positive and professional approach to school life
- Personal confidence and determination
- A willingness to go the “extra mile”
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing
- Reliability and integrity
- Sense of humour
- Creativity and vision
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to manage own time and workload
- Highly organised and able to prioritise
- Awareness and sensitivity to Asian culture
- Working predominantly teaching the English component to bilingual primary classes.
- Being responsible for planning, preparing and delivering lessons and workshops for primary students.
- Designing and producing teaching materials.
- Being responsible for assessing learners’ progress and keeping records.
- Following teaching process and ensuring teaching quality
- Being able to take care of students during lessons and at school hours
- Assessing work
- Organizing extracurricular activities for school
- Having flexibility in applying and combining the teaching approaches
- A two year contract (renewable)
- A competitive salary (paid in Vietnam Dong)
- Private medical insurance