|at Blue Sky Academy (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand|
|Teaching Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, TEFL certification, CELTA|
|Where is the school located:||Nghệ An|
Blue Sky Academy is a Cambridge International School (VN239) located in the beautiful municipal Vinh city of Nghe An province, Vietnam. Vinh is a first-tier city in north central Vietnam. Its vicinity to both the beaches and the mountains makes a great alternative to the crowded streets of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
We are looking for a Native English-Speaking Teacher for Secondary School with a Bachelor's degree in teaching and a CELTA/TESOL/TEFL teaching certificate.
What we are looking for:
- A native accent, clear pronunciation, good intonation and English language rhythm.
- A clean home country Police Clearance Check with a 6 month validity.
- Willingness to spend time outside the classroom to improve students’ experience on campus and to be an excellent team player.
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about your subjects.
- Embrace personal development through hands-on involvement and on-the-job challenges.
- Commit until the end of the academic year.
- At least 3 year of teaching experience at the relevant level.
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
- Familiarity with an international curriculum such as CAIE or IB.
- 20 guaranteed hours of teaching per week for full-time teachers.
- Competitive salary package ($1,800-2,000 per month), taking experience and qualifications into account.
- 6 weeks of full-paid vacations: 2 weeks during Tet Holiday (February normally), 2 weeks for summer break and two weeks for Christmas and New year Holiday (in late December).
- Opportunities to gain further qualifications from onsite training, online training and participating in official workshops and training programmes by Cambridge Assessment International Education. Expenses are paid by the school.
- Modern off-campus housing in an apartment in Vinh city for free.
- Complimentary airfare to Vinh city.
- Reimbursement for a Vietnamese work permit, visa and related paperwork for your employment at BSA.
- Reimbursement for certain medical expenses. From the second year, there is allowance for health insurance.
- Embrace the school curriculum and enhance it by developing subject curricula and extracurricular activities.
- Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students, keep classes focused and infuse a lasting desire to learn.
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline.
- Develop and use a variety of assessments (e.g. exams, written work, and public performances) that frequently measure student progress.
- Communicate openly, honestly and effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities.
- Attend staff meeting.
- Share experiences with colleagues and contribute to making the faculty stronger.
Interested candidates: kindly send your resume and a cover letter to jobsatbsa.edu.vn. Feel free to send along any questions about the job opportunity, us, or about Vietnam in general.