|at Vinschool (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British/English, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
In accordance with the “Conditions of Employment of School Teachers”, the professional duties of an English Teacher shall be deemed to include the following duties:
• Delivering English classes as assigned by the Head of Department, including Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, Grammar, Presentation skills, using a variety of active and engaging teaching strategies/learning activities
• Planning, organizing and preparing classes, including developing detailed lesson plans, which have to be submitted 2 weeks before each lesson;
• Carrying out different methods of student assessment, writing progress reports, grading homeworks and tests;
• Developing learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities
• Instructing ESL classes to groups of up to 40 students using a variety of active and engaging teaching strategies/learning activities and student assessment methods
• Managing the classrooms effectively including maintaining good student discipline and supporting the discipline standards and rules of Vinschool
• Assisting in the provision of daily supervision of students as required or assigned
• Contributing to Vinschool’s extra-curricular programs, participating in other school activities such as English competitions and attending weekend ceremonies as required by the School;
• Attending professional development programs organized by the School;
• Observing other teachers’ classes at least 2 lessons/ month;
• Completing all paper works required including: writing in the Teaching Report Book after every lesson, Teaching Record Book one week in advance and Class Folders after each class.
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skill For ESL Teacher Job
• At least 02 years work experience as an ESL Teacher.
• Have qualifications of being a good role model for students and colleagues, demonstrating high personal standards.
• Care about students and commitment to the teaching profession and ethics
• Come from countries where English is the native language (Ireland, England, Australia, Canada, United States).
Minimum Education Requirements / Certification
• Bachelor degree level or above.
• Other relevant professional qualifications, ESL Teacher Training Certification – CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL.
• IELTS 7.5 (for primary school)
• IELTS 8.0 (for high school)
• Prefer candidates having teaching experience in schools with high reputation in Hanoi; candidates who achieve top awards of pedagogical examination of the district, city and national level; candidates who have Postgraduate qualifications or specialized training certificates in foreign countries.