|at Hanoi Toronto School (view profile)|
Social Science Teacher
Social Studies Teacher
Primary English Teaching
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers outside Vietnam? (Due to COVID-19 pandemic)||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African|
|Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
The role provides classroom instruction and education principles through the Canadian (Ontario) Curriculum; ensures the development of student learning through effective lesson preparation, presentation, and management of classroom activities and related assessments.
- Relocation allowance
- Monthly housing allowance
- Annual flight allowance (for employee only)
- Medical insurance
- Paid Holidays/ Sick leaves
- Child Education Subsidy
- Develops lesson plans which meet established school and curriculum models.
- Demonstrates multiple artistic techniques with multiple media.
- Develops the learners’ digital citizenry skills.
- Develops learners’ abilities to utilize computer hardware and software.
- Utilizes Project-based Learning principles and strategies.
- Instructs and assesses procedurally.
- Adapts and reassesses lesson plans to meet specific student needs, comply with newly implemented guidelines or rules, update relevant information, and utilize new developments in education.
- Adapts curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress.
- Possesses and continually develops a working knowledge of curriculum programs and frameworks.
- Assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement.
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for students.
- Communicates with all other staff members who engage with students.
- Communicates with parents as per school guidelines regularly, including presenting student progress reports and informing parents of requisite student discipline.
- Manages the diverse ability levels of students.
- Maintains order and discipline among students while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines.
- Attends occasional continuing education seminars.
- Attends and takes part in school meetings on curriculum, organization, and guidelines.
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as might be reasonably assigned by your direct supervisor or the Deputy Head.
Class Management Skills, Curriculum Building, Lesson Planning, Extensive Knowledge of Relevant Teaching Subject Area, Adaptable Teaching Practices, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Patience, Empathy, Strong written, and verbal Communication Skills, Developed Organizational Skills, Deadline Adherence, Cultural awareness.
Qualification & Experience:
- Be a native-speaker and hold a valid passport from the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, or South Africa).
- Bachelor or higher degree in Education or a Bachelor of Art, along with an internationally qualified teaching certification such as PGCE/PGCertEd /QTS.
- Minimum of 3 years international teaching experience at primary level and Canadian (Ontario) curriculum experience is preferable.
- Clean criminal records.
- Has a strong STEM Background.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous ten years’ employment history.