Administrative & Academic Management
|Are you willing to accept and support qualified teachers currently outside of Vietnam?||Yes|
|Nationality of candidate:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, European|
|Experience||> 5 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree, CELTA, DELTA|
|Where is the employer located:||Hà Nội|
|Salary:||40 million - 60 million/month|
Atlantic Five-Star English is currently hiring Senior Teachers for its In-School programs for school year 2022-2023 starting in August 2022.
The Senior Teacher is expected to work a 40-hour week, from Monday to Friday. The ST will spend approximately 3/5 of the work week on planning and teaching, and 2/5 on additional ST duties (below). Ideally this will result in 3 days of teaching plus 2 days of ST duties, but other configurations may be necessary depending on scheduling needs. Occasional work may be required on weekends and/or evenings.
In addition to teaching their regular lessons, the senior teacher is expected to perform the following duties:
1. Be the first line of contact for other in-school teachers (expected 6-8 teachers)
2. Conduct observations & mentoring (with training and support from academic management)
3. Conduct internal training & workshops, including inductions
4. Complete curriculum development work as assigned
5. Complete other tasks as assigned by AM/AC
6. Assist with cover as needed
7. Assist with school events and meetings as needed
8. Attend regular Academic Team meetings
The Senior Teacher will start work in August, with the stipend payable from this time. The Senior Teacher will work across all aspects of the program and at Atlantic offices and in public schools. The ST will need to travel to other schools for regular teaching (if assigned), as well as observations, cover and school meetings (when necessary).
The ST’s contract will finish at the end of May, with teaching hours finishing between late April and the end of May, according to schools’ schedules.
The Senior Teacher will report to the Academic Coordinator. The AC will assess the performance of the Senior Teacher based on responsibilities outlined in this scorecard through quarterly performance review.
The Senior Teacher will receive the following compensation package:
● Pay rate as per teaching scale, for teaching duties
● Stipend of 20 million VND / month
● Work permit and visa covered
● Generous paid leaves and health insurance covered
● High quality Face to Face EFL Teaching Certificate (Eg. CELTA / Trinity Cert TESOL / equivalent)
● Bachelor’s degree or higher
● Minimum 1 year English teaching experience
● Cultural awareness and flexibility to work in a state-school environment
● A clean criminal record
● Delta / Dip TESOL / relevant MA with practical teaching component
● Previous experience of teaching in Vietnamese state schools
● IELTS teaching experience (for IELTS teaching posts)
Interested candidates are advised to send their CV, cover letter, and scans of their degree, teaching certificates and passport page to us
Please specify which position you are applying for.
Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- 33 Lac Trung, Hai Ba Trung