|at Gateway International School (view profile)|
Administrative & Academic Management
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand|
|Teaching Experience||> 2 years|
|Candidate Requirements||Bachelor's Degree|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
Gateway International School is seeking a qualified and dedicated Assistant Director of English Programme to start in January 2020.
The job details as follow:
Reports to: Head of School or designee as authorized by the HOS
SITE: Gateway International School Cau Giay, Hanoi
DEFINITION: Under general supervision of the HOS or designee, performs administrative tasks of above-average responsibility, and assists in the coordination, preparation, and implementation of activities and materials as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting teachers during parent conferences or meetings
- Participation and may lead in leadership committees/team meetings
- Coordinate task with Educational Research and Pedagogy Council as directed
- Support staff with Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) requirements
- Lead in the arrangement of coverage for teacher absences which may include subbing classes as needed
- May monitor staff timesheets for lateness and meeting with teachers, when needed
- Support the recruitment process by connecting and communicating with potential candidates, checking references, arranging and conducting interviews, confirmation of documents, visa support, and other tasks related to recruitment and retention of staff.
- Supporting Directors with administrative tasks as assigned by the HOS.
- Types, proofreads, copies and collates a wide variety of materials, including but not limited to tests and manuals.
- May coordinate the grading, dissemination, and recording of student or employee tests. Coordinates the dissemination of materials to the schools and sites.
- Provides information concerning the department’s services to schools, departments, employees, students, parents, outside consultants, and the public.
- Maintains a calendar of activities, monitoring and ensuring deadlines as needed.
- Maintains, while preserving confidentiality, student, employee, or departmental records/files. Compiles, prepares and reviews all reports and records for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assists in the ordering of supplies and materials.
- May pick up and deliver materials.
- Reviews and makes modifications to forms and procedures.
- Performs other related work as needed.
- Writing, editing, and English language skills.
- Modern office practices and procedures, including data processing procedures, filing systems, and telephone etiquette.
- Use of standard office equipment, including computers and computer functions.
- Standard office computer software, including Microsoft Office.
- Organization and communication skills.
- Perform responsible technical work quickly, accurately and with minimal supervision.
- Be accurate and attentive to detail.
- Understand and interpret forms, guidelines, and procedures.
- Direct the work of others.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships to achieve coordinated goals.
- Plan, organize and follow through with work in a timely manner.
- Be flexible and work a variety of tasks with ease.
- Revise priorities in accordance to the needs of the immediate supervisor and needs of the HOS.
- Work effectively in a multicultural setting.
- Use technology.
- Work tactfully and considerately with all persons involved in or affected by the programs.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution (Human Resource, Education, Administration or equivalent)
Experience in leading others
Two or more years of teaching experience or equivalent
CPR/1st Aid Certificate (preferred not mandatory)
Office environment, classroom environment, occasional work outside buildings. Demanding timelines. Subject to frequent interruptions and contact with the public and other employees.
*An important note: Gateway International School is committed strictly to Child Protection and Safeguarding. Hence, candidates will be required to provide police checks/criminal checks from the country of origin and other countries inhabited.