|Last Resume Update||18/08/2018|
|Address||Hanoi, Viet Nam|
|Where are you living?||Hà Nội|
|Expected Location:||Hà Nội|
|Expected Salary:||$25 -$30 per hour|
2009 Irlen Screener Certification (Updated 2016)
2004-2007 The Open University, Masters in Education focusing on Specific Learning Difficulties and Special Educational
2006 C&G 9295 Certificate in Adult Learner Support ESOL
2005 - 2006 The Open University Difficulties in Literacy Development 60 credits
2004 - 2005 The Open University Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages TESOL (Worldwide).
2004 The Dyslexia Institute Teacher Assessment for Exam Arrangements (updated annually)
2001 - 2002 Cardiff University OCR Post graduate Diploma Specific Learning Difficulties (Hornsby)
1976 - 1977 Cyn Coed College, Cardiff (now Cardiff University) PGCE /Kindergarten/Primary/Secondary
1972 -1975 Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff, BSc Hons Biology/Chemistry Joint Honours 2:2
1971 - 1972 Community Education For the Young European working as an auxiliary nurse in Hamburg Germany.
Voluntary Service Award CEYE
October 2002 – to date Senior Specific Learning Difficulties lecturer, Cardiff and Vale College, Cardiff (full time permanent; 0.8 since 2016)
- Diagnostic assessments for Specific Learning Difficulties and assessment for exam access arrangements.
- One to one literacy development and support, study skills, advice and training on assistive technology.
- Staff development on dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and inclusive practice.
- Supporting students who have complex difficulties ranging from Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD), ADHD, ASD and mental health issues.
October 2010 – July 2012 Lead lecturer on the Specific Learning Difficulties Module of Masters in SEN – Gloucester
- Responsibilities included lecturing on diagnostic assessment and teaching of adults and children with Specific Learning Difficulties: theory and practice.
- Mentoring 30 teachers during their teaching practice.
- Organizing curriculum and visiting lecturers
- Setting assignments and marking
October 2008 – to date Self employed teacher and assessor Cardiff and Vale Teaching and Assessment
- One to one multi sensory teaching for children with dyslexia from 3-16 years including diagnostic teaching assessment and assessment for exam access arrangements.
- Diagnostic assessment and report writing Higher Education students who are applying for funding.
September 2007 – to date Freelance specialist dyslexia study skills tutor – Cardiff
- Specialist study skilled tutor for undergraduate and postgraduate students with SpLD at South Wales University, Cardiff Metropolitan University and The Open University.
- Delivering strategies that empower students in their studies focusing on time management and organization, academic writing skills, research and reading skills, critical analysis and use of IT.
October 2007 – June 2009 Part time lecturer Newport University South Wales
- Lecturing and mentoring post graduate students on the Masters in Special Educational Needs Module
September 1984 – June 1988 Teacher Kings School, Bridgend.
- General Science, Key Stage 1, 2 and 3
- Biology and Chemistry, Key Stage 4
September 1980 – July 1984 Supply Teaching in Mid Glamorgan
- Key Stage 1, 2, 3 and 4 teaching kindergarten, primary and secondary school.
September 1977 – July 1978 Chemistry Teacher, Pencoed Comprehensive School, Mid Glamorgan
- Key Stage 3 and 4 teaching and preparation for exams.