West Mercia Consortium School Centered Initial Teacher Training
Early Year Post Graduate Certificate in Education September 2005- August 2006
Staffordshire University Bachelor of Science with Honors Degree in Psychology [2.1]
September 2000-August 2003
A qualified teacher with 10 years’ experience teaching in England. I am British born and a native English Speaker. I have taught students from age 4-11 including teaching English language to non-speakers, English grammar to those with English as a second language and native English speakers. I have planned and delivered my own lessons as well as adapting schemes of work to meet the needs of all learners. I have held the role of Head of English within my school, training and supported teachers when planning, teaching and assessing English.
Role: Classroom Teacher (Year 1), Head of English and Senior Leader
Northwood Primary School, Northwood Place, Erith, London, Da18 4HN, England. September 2012- August 2016
- Planned and delivered lessons in all foundation subjects in English to children aged from 4-11years.
- Taught phonics to children with English as an additional language.
- Taught English to non-English speakers and supported them to fluency.
- Trained and supported colleagues to teach and deliver English, Phonics, Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar.
- Trained and supported teachers and assistants to teach English as an additional language.
Role: Classroom Teacher (Year 1/Year 2)
Peareswood Primary School, Peareswood Road, Erith, London, DA8 3PR, England. September 2010 - August 2012
- Planned and delivered lessons to children with diverse language backgrounds.
- Assessed the needs of students and adapted planning in order to meet their needs.
- Planned, adapted and delivered lessons to students with special needs and students who were gifted and talented.
- Liaising with parents about their children’s progress and how they can further support them.
Role: Classroom Teacher (Reception/Year 1) and Head of Physical Education
Highwood Primary School, Loves Green, Chelmsford, CM1 3QH, England. September 2006 – August 2010
- Taught students in preparation for the statutory English Phonics assessment.
- Administered and assessed the statutory English Phonics assessment.
- Taught French to pupils with English as a first language.
- Tutored pupils in English Language, Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling.
- Designed and implemented original lessons to suit the needs of all learners.
- Directed and supported Teaching Assistants to ensure best outcomes for students.