|at KTDC Group|
|Date Posted||January 11, 2018|
|Where is the school located:||TP HCM|
KTDC Group is a highly professional IELTS training center with a flawless reputation located in Q1 and at Pico Plaza in Tan Binh district in HCMC. We have been in existence since 2009. We now have a rare opening for one IELTS trainer at our center in Pico Plaza, with new classes opening immediately after Tet Holiday.
The business is quite unorthodox in that it is run mostly like a teachers' collective. We all have our own classrooms (with our name on the door), and share equally and enthusiastically in the curriculum development. Having worked in many language "factories" in Vietnam, we set out to create a center which avoids all their shortcomings. We have minimized the management tier of the business and tend to work on a horizontal plane. Currently, we're 15 trainers including 3 IELTS examiners, supported by one Vietnamese managing partner handling the VN side of the business and multiple customer service personnel. Every day we share information about the IELTS exam and brainstorm ways to improve our teaching methods and curriculum content. We adhere to standard business ethics and up to now, we have been able to procure a flawless reputation with Vietnamese students. We're very professional in everything we do and we will continue to work in this manner. Our goal is not to be the biggest language center in Vietnam, just the best.
At KTDC Group, we deliver top-notch professional IELTS preparation training to our students. Because of the waiting lists to enroll in our courses, we are looking for another trainer to join our organization to ease the load. Mainly evening classes are available but mornings or afternoons may be possible later. The position is full-time, which means 18 classroom hours per week, Monday-Saturday, 18:00-21:15. If you truly love teaching and consistently try to improve your teaching methods, then maybe you will fit into our family-like atmosphere. Being knowledgeable about the IELTS exam is very helpful but not necessarily a requirement. If you don't have much knowledge about the test, it just means your training period will be longer than usual. This is not a "punch in, deliver content, punch out" type of position like in so many language centers. It's an opportunity to really develop your teaching style and perfect your methods in a very professional atmosphere.
The first three months of teaching will be a probation period. After completing our training program, which consists of getting familiar with our curriculum (and the exam itself), doing teacher observations, and doing a filmed demo lesson, you will begin teaching your own courses. During the first three months, we will randomly contact your students to solicit their opinion of your teaching style and classroom management, the curriculum, the facilities, customer service, etc...). At the end of the 3-month probation period, an evaluation will be carried out and the results will determine whether or not to continue the relationship and sign a full-time contract.
Benefits of this position:
1. salary starting at $35/classroom hour with potential to rise to $40 after only three months (and up to $50/hour for our most popular trainers). This will be based upon an evaluation which includes interviewing individual students about your teaching style and methods.
2. Your own classroom to teach, prepare lessons, and develop course
material (your name on your classroom door)
3. Immediate processing of work permit and resident card (shared costs)
4. Classroom with computer, quality sound system, projector, and modern
5. Fun-loving colleagues and staff who work hard but enjoy
an easy-going atmosphere at work.
6. Teaching students who have a shared goal and in general, work hard
7. An annual company trip to places like Thailand, Philippines, Bali, etc...
8. In-patient health insurance with affordable upgrades.
1. You will be required to correct a great deal of essays and reports and conduct final speaking and writing tests. You will receive daily training and will work closely with one of our trainers during your first three months in order to master the curriculum.
2. Collared shirts and trousers are required along with fashionable
shoes and ties for men and smart fashionable attire for women.
Please send all pertinent information including CV, references and a photo to:
* You MUST live in HCMC to be considered for this position.
* We offer equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of gender or ethnicity.
* Yet only native speakers from USA, UK, NZ, Canada or Australia will be considered due to the demands of our students.