|at Atlantic Education & Training Group (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand, South African, Vietnamese, Other|
|Where is the school located:||Hà Nội|
Atlantic Five-Star English is currently looking for part-time teachers to teach a small number of hours at our centers in Hanoi, Vietnam, for immediate start. Our students are mainly teens and young adults (no kindergarten / primary), studying a combination of general English, academic skills, and IELTS exam preparation. These hours will likely be on Sundays, our busiest day, but could also be on Saturdays or weekday evenings.
We are also looking for summer school teachers (June start). A successful PT teacher could transition to FT or near-FT hours during our summer program in June and July (and possibly beyond).
This post is ideal for a qualified and experienced teacher who is looking to pick up a few extra hours on evenings or weekends.
Atlantic has over 14 years providing study abroad services, helping Vietnamese students to attain university placements and scholarships at universities in the US, UK, Korea, Japan, and other countries. Our School Link program provides lessons to more than 30,000 students in 75 schools across Vietnam.
Atlantic’s Five-Star English Academies opened in 2017. They are purpose-built facilities that provide General English, Academic Skills, and IELTS exam preparation to teens and young adults. We aim to provide students with high-quality English language education along with the 21st-century skills they need to succeed in higher education.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and delivering English lesson plans in line with Atlantic’s curriculum
- Performing regular administrative duties such as marking and commenting on students’ work
- Collaborating with colleagues in the delivery of lessons
- Utilizing our extensive classroom technology, including smartboards and tablets
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A recognized initial certificate in English language teaching (CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent)
- 2+ years relevant teaching experience
- English equivalent to C2 (highly proficient) on the CEFR scale (eg, IELTS Band 8-9 across all 4 skills) (Certificates may be requested at interview)
- A clean criminal record in home country and in Vietnam
- Professional appearance and conduct
- Experience of teaching IELTS and/or other exam prep (eg, Cambridge Main Suite)
- A Delta, DipTESOL, or relevant MA with practical teaching component
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive hourly wage (US$22 – US$30) based on qualifications and experience
- Contract completion bonus of US$1/hour for each hour of teaching
- Modern, high-quality facilities and teaching resources
- Dedicated academic management team support
- On-going training and professional development
- Small class size (max 12, and usually smaller)
Please contact xxx with your CV, degree and teaching qualifications or with any questions. In your email, please state which job ad you are replying to, so we can route your information to the appropriate department.