|at Language Link Vietnam-Corporate Link Program (view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2017|
|Where is the school located:||TP HCM|
|Salary:||$30 (gross) ...approx.|
As a member of Language Link Vietnam, our 10-year-old corporate training division, known as Corporate Link, specializes in designing and implementing English training programs for both local and international corporations, as well as for government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and special group focuses (such as IELTS exam prep programs).
We offer language proficiency courses to help executives and their staff communicate more effectively in the global marketplace. Other focuses are on special groups, including teens, preparing for future English exams (academic English). Our courses range from Beginner all the way to Advanced levels.
Language Link Vietnam (LLV) is currently looking to employ a part-time, highly-qualified and motivated teacher with experience in teaching young adults for our Corporate Link's Vocational College program.
We offer a highly professional teaching environment and provide the best teacher support in Vietnam.
Teachers in this position will instruct groups of Vocational students/teachers (mostly students at Beginner English level) who are coming to study at International Program jointly between Chisholm Institute, Australia and Vietnam Ministries of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs (Molisa) via the General Department of Vocational Training.
Pay & Hours
- Teaching rate: 678,900 VND/hr (gross) ... over $30/hr
- Days: Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday
- Time: 7:30-11:00am
- Monthly hours: approximately 50
- Term: 12-month contract
- Venue: District 9, Ho Chi Minh City
(it is suggested that the applicant lives at least in District 2, based on the location of the Vocational College)
- CELTA, Trinity or equivalent TEFL Teaching Certificate.
- Degree in any subject (Business degree preferred)
- 3 years teaching experience in VN for Students/Adults
- At least 2 years of experience in exam preparation (Cambridge exams preferred such as KET/PET/FCE…) IELTS/TOEFL would be acceptable.
- Clean Police Clearance Check.
- Must be a native English speaker or equivalent with evidence of high proficiency.
- Verifiable references.
Teacher duties include:
- Self-creating or following a syllabus and using provided supplementary materials to deliver engaging lessons focused on improving English skills including grammar & structure, listening, speaking and writing based on Cambridge Exams (PET/KET)
- Draw a clear study plan/strategy for students (from their starting point) to enhance their English with the targeted level as B1 according to the Official Cambridge exam (PET) at the end of the training program.
- Regularly providing students with additional role plays or speaking activities/conversation that applies the language and skills content of the course to situations students are likely to encounter in the speaking part of the PET/KET exams
- Extracting input from students on the needs they have for English in their daily communication and study as well as prepare them for the speaking exam they will sit in, in order to provide more relevant material and practice
- Respond to the emails/questions from students related to homework/difficulties at study
- Prepare all the test techniques/skills needed for the Cambridge exams (KET and PET) to make sure that students will achieve the targeted score for each stage of study (attached progress score for each component completion)*
- Represent LLV at the site and liaise with clients/students if/when necessary.
- Liaise with AC/Training Manager (if needed) for academic related topics and weekly updates regarding the classes to guarantee the best teaching quality to clients/students.
- Manage the blended learning system from LLV by supporting students using online accounts, that are provided to assign home works/extra activities for students using LLV online product (if required by LLV).
- Mark homework (online or offline) and prepare respective reports about students attendance/participation/learning attitude and progress every 3 weeks, or monthly (based on the completion of each level/component)
- Ensuring that the targeted score/level (B1) is successfully achieved by at least 95% of students is the most important mission of the teacher for of this project
Ready to apply?!
Please send your updated CV, degree scan, and TEFL certificate scan to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All suitable candidates will be promptly contacted. Thank you!