|at GPA Camps, Golden Path Academics Vietnam JSC (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||Australian, British/English, Canadian, Colombian, Israeli, Mexican, New Zealand, Singaporean, South African|
|Where is the school located:||TP HCM, Hà Nội|
Golden Path Academics Vietnam JSC is launching an outdoor leadership camps that strives to provide students with opportunities to gain knowledge and skills that they would not otherwise gain in a Vietnamese classroom. The outdoor leadership camps will feature one to two days of fun outdoor educational activities and will allow students to camp overnight. This is a personal development program developed and run by GPA with a focus on wilderness expeditions and outdoor leadership training. The purpose of the program is to provide Vietnamese students with experience-based educational opportunities to develop knowledge about nature, an appreciation for the environment and important skills for future successes in life and at work.
- JOB TITLE: Camp Director
- JOB TYPE: Short-term, paid
- JOB OBJECTIVE:
- The Camp Director assists the GPA management team to develop the curriculum for the camps to achieve the learning outcomes aimed for the program.
- The Camp Director directs the training of Camp Staff.
- The Camp Director leads the camp and oversees the implementation of the camps.
- He/she also coordinates with the Logistics and Sales & Marketing Team in all activities related to the implementation of the camp.
- WORK LOCATION: Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Knowledge of camp curricula and particularly well-versed in practicing and teaching outdoor leadership models
- Knowledge and delivery of first-aid and emergency response
- Passion for enriching and innovating educational experiences
- Experience working with children and youths
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Initiative, organization, flexibility, and tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to process voluminous details, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Appreciation of a high-paced, fun, and dynamic team environment
- Management experience, especially as a program supervisor or senior program coordinator
- Classroom teaching and public speaking skills
- History of developing and following through on vision for a complex program
- Knowledge of logistics and event planning
- Develop camp curriculum
- Lead a team of counselors and run camp program and activities.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate the camp staff.
- Maintain good relationship with participants, parents, other staff members, and general public.
- Through the Logistics Manager, ensure safe and proper use of program facilities and supplies.
- Maintain the program environment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for participants.
- Responsible for maintaining an open line of communication with the Program Director regarding all situations concerning the program, participants, and staff.
- Communicate effectively with staff, participants, and parents.
- Maintain records of program operations including participant files, incident/accident reports, attendance and sign-out sheets.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- REMUNERATION: Negotiated
- HOW TO APPLY:Please send (1) A cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position and (2) an updated CV in English. When emailing your application please use the following format in the 'subject' line: (Camp Directors/Your name)
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30/11/2017
Golden Path Academics Vietnam JSC is a private education services company and an exclusive partner of Golden Path Academics, LLC, headquartered in New York, NY. Grounded in the vision that education empowers individuals, GPA Vietnam offers a range of programs that prepare students for successes in a globalized world. Our programs include English language training, personal development and college readiness programs for middle school and high school students. We strive to fill the void in Vietnamese high schools where students do not have access to personal development and college prep support. Placing the students' success above everything else, we are committed to providing high quality and professional services.
GPA’s successes depend entirely on its people. We look for individuals who want to and can be the best in what they do. We want to bring to our team people who have a passion, an interest in the world and a strong desire to help others reach their full potential.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GPA Vietnam is committed to equality of opportunity.