|Location||TP HCM, United States|
|Date Posted||October 20, 2014|
|Where is the school located:||TP HCM|
Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern.
Apollo 360 is currently looking for innovative, professional and dedicated teachers of Adults to join our Hanoi team.
We have 20 years’ of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate 12 training centres nationwide. Apollo 360- is a unique blended learning programme to help adultstudents improve their English skills through Prep-Stage 360°, Practice and Skills Classes. Students also enjoy the added value of Connect Clubs for networking and socializing, or get advice for their future career with Career Boost and their own personal Study Manager.
At Apollo you can expect:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
- A wide range of resources and modern facilities
- A variety of courses
- Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Opportunities for career development
· The effectiverunningof classesandfull participationin thelifeof theschool
· Administrative andextra-curriculartaskswhencalledfor
· A professional demeanour whenrepresentingApollo
· Active supportfor theoveralloperationofyourCentreandthe nationalactivitiesof theEFLdepartment
Average teaching hours: 18-25 hours per week on average. Classes run from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are usually given two consecutive days off.
· Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus (up to $1000 bonus)
· Overtime payment
· Work permit costs covered by Apollo
· Fully paid leave: up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
· Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
Essential skills & Experience :
Essential requirements for all teaching positions:
· A relevant first degree
·· Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
· Confidence using new technologies in teaching and/or the willingness and motivation to learn and apply these new skills in the classroom.
· Flexibility and cultural awareness
· Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country
· Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
· 4 months’ validity on passport
· Cambridge CELTA/Trinity Certificate or equivalent teaching qualification