|at American English Academy (AEA) (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||Australian, British/English, Canadian, French, New Zealand, South African|
|Where is the school located:||Thái Nguyên|
American English Academy (AEA) in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam is looking for a full time and part time teacher. If you are enthusiastic, passionate about helping students and like to embrace the local culture and peoples, this job is for you.
Thai Nguyen is a mountainous, midland province approximately 80km northeast of Hanoi. The city is the centre of the tea industry in Vietnam and is known as the education centre for northern Vietnam, having over 20 Universities and Colleges. Thai Nguyen is not a Tourist centre and opportunities for the students and local people to interact with foreigners is very limited. Therefore, they are very appreciative and excited to speak to foreigners and to have foreign teachers in their community.
AEA conducts private classes at its centre for young learners, teens and adults. Teachers also have classes during the day at public primary/secondary schools who have contracts with AEA.
Course books are provided for all classes. Teachers are encouraged to adapt lessons to suit their teaching style and to engage students in activities and games. For adult classes, communication practice and exam preparation courses are held at AEA.
Benefits of teaching:
AEA language centre is a reputable organisation which has provided English education to the local community since 2009. AEA English teachers conduct lessons both at the AEA centre and in public schools.
Teachers employed by AEA are required to have:
- Nationality: American, Canadian, British, Australian, New Zealand, South African, European
- Fluent English to a native level
- At least 1 year of experience teaching OR a Teaching Certificate
- A passion for teaching and to motivate and engage students in learning
- A willingness to embrace the local culture and participate in extracurricular activities with students
Benefits of teaching at AEA:
- Salary : US$16/hour
- Flexible working hours
- Free accommodation with air conditioner, Internet and bathroom
- Dynamic and youthful environment (over 20 universities and colleges)
- Immerse in local culture and friendly locals (non-tourist town)
- 2-3 hours from Hanoi (by coach/train)
- Low living cost, very cheap food.