|at E-Space International (ESI) (view profile)|
|Nationality of teacher:||American, Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand, South African|
|Where is the school located:||Quảng Trị|
|Salary:||13USD - 17USD/Hr|
*Intro written by a fellow teacher!*
Come check out Dong Ha to save some money, get a rich cultural experience and explore the hidden treasures of central Vietnam.
Unique English teaching opportunity available 1hr north of Hue in quiet and friendly Dong Ha City. 25 hours per week teaching time. Pay is $1300 to $1700 per month take home - depending on experience.
** Accommodation in very nice house provided ** - shared with two other tidy and laid back teachers in their 30's. There is a large park with a lake just across the road for exercise, fishing, or just lazily reading a book on a sunny afternoon.
- You'll be provided you with a strong motorbike - and you can get great use of it here exploring the surrounding beaches and mountains of Quang Tri province and beyond.
- There are some ridiculously beautiful drives that take just 90 minutes from the door. All kinds of opportunities for exploration and camping. This place has it all - from quiet windswept beaches, to remote mountain river valleys with native hill tribe villages all around - super cool stuff!
- Dong Ha is a small town, but not without amenities. There are some swimming pools, gyms, etc and lots of nice local Vietnamese restaurants. There is even a bit of nightlife and a pizza place which is actually decent :)
- Overall you'll find Dong Ha to be very clean, quiet and friendly. It definitely has a more charming feel and slower pace of life than larger cities in Vietnam. There is no such thing as a traffic jam here!
- There's also a train station about 5 minutes from the house for easy weekend getaways to Hue, Da Nang, and beyond...
- The pay isn't as much as you may be offered in a place like Saigon, but considering your housing and transportation are covered, and it is CHEAP to live here otherwise, you can easily save a decent amount in a few short months.
- Teaching hours are predictable and you'll find the students here very eager to learn and extremely well behaved.
*** Overall this job would be a perfect fit for a teacher looking for to see a different side of Vietnam and experience some culture in a relaxed smaller town***
See more details on this job opportunity and how to get in touch below.
Number of teachers required: 2 (TWO)
Start date: Available from 1 June, 2018
Position: Full-time or Part-time
- Must be a native English speakers from UK, America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- A CELTA, TESOL or equivalent TEFL teaching certificate
- ESL experience preferred
- A clear home country police clearance check
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Committed: work for a minimum length of 6 months
- Experienced: various approached to ESL teaching for young and adult learners
- Self sufficient: ability to manage oneself in a new cultural environment
- Culturally sensitive: desire to interact with Vietnamese staff and teachers
- Flexible: Willingness to adapt
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 25 teaching hours a week on a full-time contract
- Teaching the provided syllabuses
- Participating in extra-curricular activities organised by the school
- Assisting in developing curricula and teaching and testing materials for courses and activities within the school
- Other academic responsibilities
Benefits and Remuneration:
- Accommodation and means of transportation provided
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to join professional networks and make friends with the friendly locals
- Opportunities to enjoy free travel within the schedule organised by the school
- Work in a friendly and professional working environment, international standard teaching and learning facilities with overseas-qualified staff members
- Opportunities to explore remarkable World Heritage sites within 100 kilometer distance.
Remuneration: Pay range is between USD 1300 and 1,700 based on qualifications, experience and performance.
Holidays: Holidays are regulated as per government regulations. One day off per week is available. Other options can be discussed.